How to use the Styled Maps Wizard
- Navigate to the map region you wish to use to preview your style. Jump to a particular location using the Enter a location field in the top right.
- Select a type of feature to style in the Selectors panel.
- If you only wish to style the Geometry or Labels for the selected feature type, select the required Element Type.
- Select the combination of Stylers to apply to the selected feature type.
- Once you are happy with the styling of the feature type, click the Add button in the Map Style panel to save the style and create a new style to work on.
- Repeat Steps 2 to 5 to build up the set of styles for your map. Styles are applied in the order they are listed in the Map Style panel.
- Select an existing style in the Map Style panel to edit it.
- Delete a style by clicking on the trashcan icon to the right of the style number.
- When you are happy with your Styled Map, click the Show JSON button to display the JSON object to pass to the
style property of your
MapOptions object in order to apply the style to a Maps API v3 Map.
- To generate an example map with this style using the Static Maps API, click the Static Map button.
For more information on Map Styling, please see the Maps API v3 Documentation,
and Static Maps API Documentation.
Google Maps API v3 Styled Maps JSON
Styled Google Static Map